Friday, June 20, 2008

The $40 Bowl of Oatmeal



by Tammy de Leeuw
Financial Advisor Netzone

I AM ADMITTEDLY a skeptic, which I think often pays off out here in the land of fruits and nuts (aka California.) There are always all sorts of wild claims and exaggerated success stories floating around. You have to filter, filter, filter.

But...

I am never too much of a skeptic to risk disappointment by trying new ideas and programs. It keeps me openminded and flexible. And ya never know...

New York Times Bestseller The Secret, has intrigued millions by mainstreaming the idea that YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK. Even hard science has acknowledged the brain has trouble differentiating between a powerful, IMAGINED event and a real one. So maybe there is something to this after all.

My personal experiment: to listen to my intuitive voice for one day and follow its recommendations.

My first stop was a small local diner where I ordered my usual cholesterol-busting meal of slow-cooked oatmeal and fruit.

I don't normally allow my inner voice to speak during meals. I find it slows me down from the task at hand and interferes with my digestion.

This time, though, I put down my coffee and listened. The "voice" urged to leave an outrageous tip which brought the cost of the meal to over $40!

"You're crazy, voice," I said. "I am struggling to get by and you want me to spend $40.00 on a bowl of oatmeal? NO WAY!" After a few moments of inner turmoil, I gave in and left a tip which left the waitress slack-jawed.


IS there something to this law of attraction idea? Is it just coincidence? Is it that thoughts control actions and ACTIONS produce results good and bad?

I'm not sure, but when I checked my mailbox that day, I had a nice check from someone who did not owe me money with a note saying, "I just wanted to send you this."

Weird and worth looking into.

Find Out If This Can Help You Break Through The Mental Barriers To Success

Most of you know I am big on mentoring and coaching and have a couple of coaches myself.
The recent survey I did for the ezine revealed that many of you are not sold on the idea of adding a good coach to your business toolbox.

You are missing out if you don't look into it. All the top businessmen and success gurus had coaches- from Tony Robbins to The Donald. Many of the top financial advisors I know personally have told me that a good coach made all the difference.

That is the reason I started the "Masters and Mentors" webinar series. It is a chance for you to spend some time getting to know some of the top coaches and trainers in the business.
For a nominal fee- you can "audition" a particular expert to find out if he or she is a good fit for your business, while at the same time getting some useful information you can put into practice NOW.

I will resume the series later this month. In the meantime, I will feature a different coach or trainer every week, to help you get to know them. This week, I am pleased to introduce you to Jeffrey Howard of MasterMind Mentor.

No comments: