Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Weekly Wrap

Going to take a few days off from the blog to enjoy the 105 degree plus temps here in lovely Northern California and work on the website. Next post scheduled for Sunday. In the meantime, a few things to which I would like to draw your attention:

1. I got my evaluation copy of the THRIVING OFFICE CD. It does what it says- makes my tiny office sound "busy" and it drowns out some of the unwanted ambiance as well. If you or your
agents work from homes or hotels, etc. or if you know someone else with a home-based
business, this is a fun idea. You can get a copy for 15% off. Simply go to www.thrivingoffice.
com and enter FAN in the code box when you check out.

2.If you are into 401 K rollovers, don't forget: FAN readers get 40% off Rollover Coach training.
When you place your order, be sure to let them know you read the blog and Scott will treat
you right.

3. Pareto Platform: If you have never tried a web-based solution for client contact, this is a good
place to start. Contact them today, tell them you saw it on Financial Advisor Netzone, and
get the VIP treatment. I think you will like this system.

Next week, I will continue with the topic of lead generation, and hopefully have an interview with the super folks at SEMINAR DIRECT.
We will be discussing the "State of the Seminar" and what, if anything, can help you do more cost-effective, HAPPY seminars.

FAN readers don't be shy- anyone who knows me from my days at NF Communications or was a reader of the http://screwedbylarry.blogspot.com blog knows I don't shy away from controversy.

If you have had a good experience with someone everyone else said was "BAD", tell me. Post it, or if you are really timid, email me at advisorresource@aggies.com. I promise not to use your full name (the boss will never know!) and to give you credit for any useful info you pass along.

I had one RIA tell me he had some killer marketing programs going on that had increased his business dramatically but that he wasn't going to share because he didn't want the competition.

YES YOU DO! You DO want the competition. It makes you better, makes you think beyond your own self-imposed limitations, makes you tap into your creative energy. This business has always been competitive and those of us who couldn't handle it (me) decided to go into marketing and consulting. My friends who stuck it out are driving nice cars and living in better neighborhoods.

Embrace the competition as a way to learn, grow and get better.

Ciao for now,

TD

No comments: