Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Mighty Minute From Christine Comaford-Lynch





FIRST, let me stand up and say, "Hello everyone.
My name is Christine Comaford-Lynch, and I'm a control
freak."(Everyone in unison, "HELLLOOOOO CHRISTIIIINE.")

Seriously, I've been a control freak all my life. The
more I tried to hold it all together, the more it fell
apart. It's taken me literally decades to learn what I'm
good at and what I stink at. So what's the verdict?

--I'm a builder, not a maintainer.
--I'm a marketer, not a manager.
--I'm a salesperson, not a bean counter.

Time to face facts: You won't be good at everything.
In fact, at some things you'll be downright dreadful.

But guess what? That's okay.

Take it from someone who knows. If you don't do something
well, don't hide it or defend it. It wasn't until I learned
this simple truth that I started recovering from my control
addiction.

Your time is too valuable to waste doing things you don't
enjoy or aren't good at. Use your lack of skill as an
opportunity to find someone to fill the gap. Bring in the
talent that you don't have. And remember--it's also okay
to have limits.

I wish someone would have told me all this before I grabbed
the reins as a CEO or a venture capitalist. Sure, I was a
star performer, but I burned myself out in the process.

Of course, when I finally did let loose of my iron grip
on the reins, I made yet another set of mistakes: I
repeatedly hired the wrong business partners and executives.

Why? One word: fear.

Fear of losing control and trusting others. Fear of failure.
And worst of all, fear that I wasn't doing enough good in
the world and that I'd die without having made a significant
change.

Needless to say, these ill-fated partnerships didn't last
long. But I learned from my mistakes. The bottom line is
to not let your fear or inner critic stop you.

So this week, I want you to write down 3 things that you
love and/or excel at in your business, and 3 things that
you fall short in or don't have any interest in.(Be honest
with yourself.) Then look into finding people to fill
those gaps.

And if you do try and fail, pick yourself up and keep
moving forward!

Don't forget to join us for a NOW-FREE web class with Christine Comaford Lynch,
May 14th at 6PM Pacific Time, 8PM Central, 9PM Eastern

Register at:

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/307986949

Renegade entrepreneur - and runaway success story - Christine
Comaford-Lynch
has lived the kind of life most of us can only dream about. From
model to monk to multi-millionaire, she has always gone after what she
wanted - and gotten things done. She's won, lost, worked, played, and
every step of the way, she's written her own rules.

Join us and hear her outrageous story!
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/307986949

No comments: