By Mark Satterfield-
the end of this article)
A quick story about business success that I think you will find
This time last year, on January 2, 2007, my client Jason Harbitt said
"This is the year I'm going to implement a SYSTEM for motivating
prospective clients to raise their hands and self identify themselves."
"This is the year that I'm going to put in place a SYSTEM for
Staying-In-Touch with all my prospects and clients."
"This is the year I'm going to make my website more than just a virtual
"This is the year I'm going to develop a marketing message that really
differentiates me from my competition."
"This is the year I'm going to become the recognized expert in my
And he did.
In the process he grew his solo-consulting practice from under $100,000
in gross revenues, to over $450,000.
He did it by first developing a plan for achieving what he wanted.
And then he implemented that plan.
Step by step. Gentle Rain Drop by Gentle Rain Drop.
Believe me...if he can do it, you can too.
It all starts with an assessment of where you are now, and where you
want to be in 12 months.
Here are 10 simple questions that will give you a clear sense for what you need
to focus on.
Answer the following 10 questions and discover for yourself.
- Do you have a process for motivating prospective clients to raise their hands and self-identify themselves?
- Do you have a system for consistently and regularly staying touch with prospective clients with messages that are of relevance and interest? Is it mostly automated, so that it requires little or no effort on your part?
- Have you identified the most lucrative niche(s) to market your services? Do you have a strategy for identifying the hyper-responsives within those niches?
- Do your marketing materials strongly communicate the precise benefits clients get from using your services?
- Do you have a plan for branding your practice?
- Are you capturing information about everyone who visits your website? Do you offer an incentive for people to provide you with this information?
- Does the landing page of your website focus on communicating your understanding of the challenges your clients face and the benefits they get by hiring you? Or, does it primarily offer vague, generic statements about your capabilities?
- Have you determined the best lead generation tools for reaching your target market? Have you assessed the relative strengths of one-page letters, paid internet, low-cost advertising in specialty trade publications and other lead-generation tools?
- Are you tracking the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns? Do you know your cost per lead? Cost per sale?
- Are you making plans to productize your knowledge and creating passive income streams?
If you answered No to any of these questions, these are precisely the issues we focus on during your Gentle Rain Coaching sessions.BLOG READERS: Get a free introductory coaching session!
Go to http://www.gentlerainmarketing.com/subscribe_coaching.html.
Be sure to put FAN or FAN BLOG in the COMMENTS SECTION to get your session.